Tuesday 16 April 2013

Brand New Day

Having been a Nerd for a while, I'd like to think I know my way around YouTube. A few months ago a video caught my attention, featuring a thumbnail of Nathan Fillion. At this point, I was watching (and re-watching) Firefly, so naturally I had to see what it was. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is pretty much what it says in the title. It is a musical blog of a Super-villain called Dr. Horrible who tends to make rather big mistakes...

Neil Patrick Harris as Dr. Horrible is brilliant in this musical, as is the rest of the cast. Nathan Fillion suits the role of a Super-hero (albeit an arrogant, superficial hero... I'm not sure that was a compliment...) and adding his voice to NPH's just made this movie incredible.

The base story is that Dr. Horrible (aka Billy Buddy) is deeply in stalker-y love with Penny, played by Felicia Day, creator/ producer of one of my favourite YouTube channels, Geek and Sundry.

I won't go into detail, because I can't be bothered... But that's no reflection on the musical, so with that in mind... Watch it!


Geekiness and Booze

There is a website, which I have been reading for some time. It's been of great use to me.

It has great drinking games, brilliant themed drinks, and cool nerdy merch. If you're into anything nerdy (since you're reading this, I'm guessing you are) then you should visit The Drunken Moogle. You won't find any of these drinks in pubs or bars, but it's fun to experiment by yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment